Marriage Story - Shot by Robbie Ryan, directed by Noah Baumbach

• Premium Member

Marriage Story, directed by Noah Baumbach is already on Netflix. 

Marriage Story - Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y1HhAlAOTs

If you like excellent stories, real characters and pretty honest point of views, aside from an incredible cinematography from Robbie Ryan, you should just watch it. 

I had the chance to watch it in the Stella cinema in Dublin some weeks ago when it came out and when it finished I was unable to talk.
The movie just sits with you and lets you think about what you've seen, which, for me, was the best movie of 2019. 

I just watched it again and it is just a great storytelling experience. 

And Robbie Ryan's work is one of his finest.

I hope that you watch it and enjoy it as much as I did.

• Like 2

Fantastic film top to bottom, Driver and Johansson at the top of their game, BEAUTIFULLY shot by Robbie Ryan. I'm glad Netflix is letting directors (or select directors?) shoot on film now,  this made such a huge difference on this film. Baumbach usually shoots on film (Meyerowitz, his latest before that, was 16mm), he said he tried digital on the three films prior to The Meyerowitz Stories and he just had to go back to film, digital doesn't have the same meaning to him. 

Beautiful film from start to finish. The concept is not fresh, but the writing, directing and performances feel very natural, like life itself. Film was the logical choice for this picture. No matter how much digital cameras have improved over the years or how well they render color, flesh tones or dynamic range, this is a film about human feelings and relationships, and the human face still renders the best with all the subtleties of film, specially when Robbie Ryan is after the most natural or even an unlit look. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

lo voy ver esta noche si tengo tiempo hermanos.....la vi anunciada en Netflix......me llamó la atención porque soy divorciado también....con dos hijos, uno de 15 y el otro de 18 años ya....
will watch it tonight if I have time.....I saw it advertised on Netflix and it caught my eye as a divorcee myself with two sons....one aged 15 and the other now 18