Sony a7 III HLG LUT for HDR?

Jon Pais

Anyone know of an in-camera LUT for my Shogun to record HLG from my a7 III for HDR delivery to YouTube? Failing that, a LUT I can apply in post? I’ve already uploaded a half dozen HLG videos to YouTube, they look incredible, but the skin tones!! arghhh... I believe Alister Chapman has created some LUTs for Sony cinema cameras but none for fake 8-bit HLG. LOL 

• 1 year later...

HLG is intended as a delivery format, not to be graded or have luts applied to it. 

Alister explains it in the first few minutes of this video

He has a lot of luts for various purposes and they usually work on al cameras with the same profiles e.g. slog2 whether from ana7s or a higher end camera. 

He has a lut that converts log to hlg ie from a capture format to a delivery format. Maybe that is what you are thinking of.

4 minutes ago, Mei Lewis said:

HLG is intended as a delivery format, not to be graded or have luts applied to it. 

Alister explains it in the first few minutes of this video

He has a lot of luts for various purposes and they usually work on al cameras with the same profiles e.g. slog2 whether from ana7s or a higher end camera. 

He has a lut that converts log to hlg ie from a capture format to a delivery format. Maybe that is what you are thinking of.

No, I was looking for a LUT to correct magenta skin tones. You are mistaken. It can be done.