Aaton XTR Prod - IVS - ccd alignment

Ivan A Chertov

Hello,

Below I've attached a picture of what comes out of the sdi from my aaton xtr prod. The image is missing the right edge of frame and its framelines. I tried to rotate the beamsplitter but it doesn't quite help, i see the picture moving but not much. 

Should i disassemble the elements covering the CCD and have a look there or there's nothing much to do? There's a brief explanation in the user manual about placing the ccd there, but i'm not sure if there are possibilities to adjust or fine tune that, so i'd rather ask if someone had any experience with it.

P.S. Image is a screenshot of footage recorded with a shogun recorder, i used a small device that transforms sd signal to hd, however there's no difference if i feed the signal to a propper SD monitor. As well it's not because of scan aspect ratio

Thanks 

Best

scr-aaton.jpg

Edited by Ivan A Chertov

• Premium Member

maybe the beam splitter isn't fully over the ground glass. usually you engage the beam splitter with the tool in the handle by turning the screw until it hits the stop, and then reverse one turn, so it's not touching the end stop anymore. maybe it reversed a bit more than one turn. I'd try that before repositioning the CCD sensor board.

• Premium Member

If it's using the standard XTR Prod CCD which is either the VSA (video sync assist) or one of the older models, the CCD is held into place with a set screw, accessible from the front of the camera. Simply take the body cap off the front of the camera (lens mount), you will see the set screw near the top left. That is what locks the camera in place. First, take the CCD housing cover off the camera. Then you can unscrew the set screw and try lightly wiggling it around from the housing area, to see if possibly it's just set in there wrong. I haven't seen that before tho, usually it slides in and out flush with the ground glass. 

Try that adjustment first and let me know. 

Edited by Tyler Purcell

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been considering taking my b+w vid tap apart for my Minima and installing a new CCD or CMOS Color cam. I am sure it is much more complicated than that but does anyone think its possibly to use the same housing and mount and install a high res CCD or CMOS inside the existing houseing? 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...