Putting my maxed-out Mac Pro 5,1 up for sale:

Specs:
- 12-Core 3.46 GHz Intel Xeon
- 64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
- MacVidCards Flashed NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
- Sonnet 4x USB3 PCI Card
- Sonnet Tempo dual SSD PCI Card
- 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD Bootdrive
- 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID (900MB/s)

Geekbench 5.0.4 Scores:
- Single-Core: 657
- Multi-Core: 6179
- Metal Score: 35840
- OpenCL Score: 41816

As you can see by the benchmark numbers, she's a beast, incredibly stable, and gives me smooth 25fps real-time playback of 4k 16-bit Linear Sony Raw footage (which is seriously hefty material) in Davinci Resolve. And flies through edits in FCPX.

I've put three 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSDs inside, one for a fast boot drive (to hold the OS and all Applications) and the other two in a RAID via a Sonnet Tempo Dual SSD PCI Card, which gives 829MB/s Write and 997MB/s Read times, and allows for seamless playback of 4k Prores and Cinema DNG Raw up to 60fps, and Uncompressed 4k 4:2:2 streams up to 30fps.

There's also a four port Sonnet USB3 PCI card for high-speed data transfers.

The Mac Video Cards Flashed 12GB Nvidia Titan X is the highest performing CUDA-enabled GPU that you can use with the 5,1 Mac Pros. It work beautifully, gives you access to the Mac Boot Screen, and it also allows for OpenCL and Metal-based processing (which gives you the most versatility possible for software rendering options).

Located in Melbourne, Australia, but happy to ship worldwide. If you have any questions or would like a shipping quote, feel free to get in touch.

$2,250 USD / $3,200 AUD + Shipping

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by Mark Kenfield

• 5 weeks later...