Camera that reflect Arri skintones?

Max Field

Literally the only reason I like my Arri Alexa EV is for how the skin tones blow out so naturally and how the lips on faces are always this proper pink color. Are there less expensive camera options which surprisingly have the same effect? Please show minimally graded samples?

Thanks for any input!

Google Sony fx9.. S Cinetone .. and Slog3 s709 LUT..   at last Sony have steered away from their old ENG color chart replication color science .. which actually was good for ENG camera,s ..so them all matched .. and have gone for what looks good rather than replicate charts.. which Arri wisely were the first to do with video camera,s..   fx9 is a $10,000 camera with a completely new back lit 6K sensor ..  it has a default custom color/matrix setting called Original.. basically a slightly more contrasty version of shooting Slog3 with the Venice and applying the Sony s709 LUT .. or shoot Slog3 with the fx9.and apply the same LUT... its not totally the same as Venice as the sensor is different .. but for a cheap camera is looks very good.. and definitely not the old "Sony " look.. Cinetone straight from the camera looks good.. plenty examples now on the inter web ..

• Premium Member

All the current cameras can get close these days. But it generally requires developing certain recipes in your grading. I'm yet to encounter anything that make it as easy as Arri Alev III sensor though.