Dedication and honors in films and projects

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

A decade ago I was walking in a park and saw a bench that had a small 2 x 4 inch brass plate on it. The park was seeking benefactors to buy plates for benches to remember or honor people. I thought if they were not too much I'd buy one to honor Henri Cartier-Bresson. I thought maybe they were $200-$250 for a little plate. When I inquired they said they were $2500.  So that idea got shot down. But initial plan  led me to actively honor people in my projects. 

I started out honoring people when I donated work to museums and special collection libraries. I honored people in my books. Then one day I thought I could get a 2 for 1 sale and dedicated honors to 2 people instead of 1.

I used to dedicate posts in my blogs to 2 people. But once the number of my websites skyrocketed I gave up on the practice as it just got to be too much. Then I started to put honors in my films. But the problem with films is I hate making title pages. So I decided to keep the honors constant for a few months or longer and keep reusing the same honors title page. 

The point of all this is...

You can honor and remember people in your work very easy and it cost you very little to do so.