Little Women

The Irishman

Marriage Story

Joker

Ford vs. Ferrari

Parasite

JoJo Rabbit

List from:

https://observer.com/2020/01/oscar-nomination-predictions-netflix-1917-ouatih-parasite/

Have not seen them all, but my pick is 1917

No matter how your slice it...Deakins is a wizard. 

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

• Premium Member

1917 is a wonderful achievement but it’s not Best Picture. The Irishman is a much better choice for the overall filmmaking in my opinion.  1917 will probably win though. 

G

Edited by Gregory Irwin
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Gregory Irwin said:

1917 will probably win though. 

Yep, that's why I wrote it because I don't think anything else is as "OSCAR" worthy. It's not about what's the best film of the year, it's about what the voters think and sadly, many great films were already sidelined by the nomination committee. 

There is a chance they'll give The Irishman something (due to Scorsese's age and all), but seeing as it was snuffed in the golden globes, I have a feeling the Academy will follow suit. 

• 1 month later...

I have not seen all these films yet, but would give my personal Oscar to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The theatre experience was pure magic, so real and touching, almost like time travelling. Wonderful cinematography by Richardson, 35mm  anamorphic widescreen, 16mm film, 8mm film... And what a story. I adore Sharon Tate, and I cried at the end. But it is much more, it's a painful dream of saving the dying Silver Age of cinema.