SOS_Sony F55_Recorded SxS Cards_Not readable

Harshad V. Gaikwad

Hi,

For a film, we used Sony F55 and we used 2 SxS Pro 128 GB cards and 2 SxS 64GB cards. The issue we are facing with the 64GB cards, we recorded on them, however as soon as we connect it to MAC for Cloning we are getting error message " The disk you inserted was not readable on this computer" We tried to connect on Windows PC as well, we are getting similar error.

When we insert the cards back to the camera, we get an error message"Media(A)needs to be formatted. Please unprotect and reinsert media"

Before use all the cards we formatted in the camera and no error was received while recording or playback.

Could you please advise solution so that we can recover the data from the cards, because recording again is not feasible at the moment.

Thanks.

Harshad

Edited by Harshad V. Gaikwad

• Premium Member

that type of error may be caused by for example the corrupted partition table. easiest way to get partition table damaged is to take the card off the camera in the middle of recording a clip but sometimes cameras or readers may do this by themselves. I have once seen an Alexa Mini do this to a single card.

data recovery programs may help if the card is not physically damaged

• Like 1

If you put the cards back in the same camera they were recorded on, usually you would be a "restore media" if there is a card problem .. which is totally safe to do and doesn't delete files.. are you sure you put the cards back in the same camera they were recorded with .. 

You can also send cards to Sony for recovery .. not cheap .. but mostly will work it seems

Have you also tried a different reader .. .. 

Edited by Robin R Probyn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Robin R Probyn said:

If you put the cards back in the same camera they were recorded on, usually you would be a "restore media" if there is a card problem .. which is totally safe to do and doesn't delete files.. are you sure you put the cards back in the same camera they were recorded with .. 

You can also send cards to Sony for recovery .. not cheap .. but mostly will work it seems

Have you also tried a different reader .. .. 

Let me see if I can try the restore media option. I have tried multiple card readers.

12 hours ago, Harshad V. Gaikwad said:

Tried, it it doesn't give an option to restore. It gives an option only to format ?

Oh bummer .. your sure its the exact same camera that recorded to that card .. has to be the same camera .. sorry then I think your best bet is to send them off to Sony ..