Optima Lenses for Sale

Helen DiPietra

My late son was a 16mm filmmaker, an FDNY first responder and a regular at cinematography.com.  He passed away due to illness in 2017.  

I am just now able to go through his large inventory of film equipment.  He left extensive records with item name, purchase date, price etc.  

He purchased a set of three Optima Illumina lenses , S16 - PL, T/1.3 Superspeeds, 9.5mm, 12mm,16mm, 25mm.   I can send photos if requested.  He purchased them during his illness and unfortunately, was never able to use them.

The price is $2000.  All of the proceeds from equipment sales (100%) will go to his charitable foundation (wfdfound.com).  We live in New York City (Queens).

Thank you,

Helen

Well, I am trying to come up with a fair price for these lenses.  Thanks to those who have told me that $4000 is a more realistic price. That will be the price for the four lenses, $4000.

Thanks so much.  In the future I will describe the equipment and ask for advice on the pricing.

Hi Helen,

You mentioned the lenses as new, so they could get a good price.  If you have the documentation of their purchase as new lenses, or a report from the lens technician, then selling should be easy. Most people are a bit afraid afraid because they don't know what the actual condition is like. Any record showing their age (newness) or condition fixes that.

eBay could work well. Make the documentation on age/condition visible.

Lots of people here will jump in to help identify items, suggest values etc.

EDIT: Meant to add...notfying here of gear for sale is quite a good idea, even if you list on eBay...

Edited by Gregg MacPherson
added content

Did I say new?  I don't believe they are.  Bill purchased them from a cinematographer who posts here on these boards.  I have the documentation for that sale (2016) but the lenses are not mentioned as used or new.  To my untrained eye they look like "nice" lenses.

The price is negotiable, I have photos of the lenses.  I want to be fair.

Thanks to all who are assisting me.

• 1 year later...