Arri SR3 V-lock conversion kits

Cale Boys

Hi there, 

I just bought a Arri SR3 and have been linked to two different v-lock kits that convert the original battery holder to take modern day V-locks. 

My question is, I've been linked two completely different prices, So I'm curious if anyone has any info on both: 

$2,700 AUD  From Norway: https://elokuvakonepaja.com

$654 AUD From USA: https://rencherindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026049913-Lentequip-LE-R3-Installation-Instructions

i've tried to link photos, though this website can't handle any links...

• Premium Member

Neither of those links have any info or pricing on actual SR3 V lock adapters. Where did you get those prices?

The first link to the Finnish company just has facebook links about adapters for SR2s (which are 12V cameras not 24V like SR3s) and a just released prototype for an Arricam LT battery adapter (which would use a DC-DC converter to reach 24V).  Nothing about SR3s though.

The second one is just instructions for removing the interface of a Lentequip SR3 battery to use on the Rencher adapter (apparently you need to buy a Lentequip battery to use their adapter, so add US$350), but there's nothing on the Rencher Industries webpage itself about any sort of SR3 adapter:

rencherindustries.com

Oppenheimer Camera make on-board V or Gold mount adapters for Arri 235 and 416 (with DC-DC converters) that sell for over US$2K:

http://oppenheimercameraproducts.com/PriceLists/OnBoardBatterySystem09.0116.pdf

There seems to be more talk about SR3 adapters than actual products..

• Premium Member

the cost probably depends on how nice you want it to look like and how compact and sturdy it needs to be.

if just wanting to get SOME KIND of relatively well working adapter for single v-lock boosted to 24v with proper connector, the parts would probably cost something between 50 and 100 usd or something like that and a handy person could assemble it by him/herself. But that is just me and my DIY solutions, they tend to look like crap but it does not mean they wouldn't work ? 

• Premium Member
Just now, aapo lettinen said:

the cost probably depends on how nice you want it to look like and how compact and sturdy it needs to be.

if just wanting to get SOME KIND of relatively well working adapter for single v-lock boosted to 24v with proper connector, the parts would probably cost something between 50 and 100 usd or something like that and a handy person could assemble it by him/herself. But that is just me and my DIY solutions, they tend to look like crap but it does not mean they wouldn't work ? 

that Elokuvakonepaja solution would be one of the "really nice and compact" ones. probably more reliable as well than my Chinese eBay parts 

4 minutes ago, aapo lettinen said:

that Elokuvakonepaja solution would be one of the "really nice and compact" ones. probably more reliable as well than my Chinese eBay parts 

Yeah agreed. The US one is about $450 USD compared to 1,700 euros... I guess it must be more reliable 

21 minutes ago, Dom Jaeger said:

Neither of those links have any info or pricing on actual SR3 V lock adapters. Where did you get those prices?

The first link to the Finnish company just has facebook links about adapters for SR2s (which are 12V cameras not 24V like SR3s) and a just released prototype for an Arricam LT battery adapter (which would use a DC-DC converter to reach 24V).  Nothing about SR3s though.

The second one is just instructions for removing the interface of a Lentequip SR3 battery to use on the Rencher adapter (apparently you need to buy a Lentequip battery to use their adapter, so add US$350), but there's nothing on the Rencher Industries webpage itself about any sort of SR3 adapter:

rencherindustries.com

Oppenheimer Camera make on-board V or Gold mount adapters for Arri 235 and 416 (with DC-DC converters) that sell for over US$2K:

http://oppenheimercameraproducts.com/PriceLists/OnBoardBatterySystem09.0116.pdf

There seems to be more talk about SR3 adapters than actual products..

Screen shots sent, mate

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Cale Boys said:

Yeah agreed. The US one is about $450 USD compared to 1,700 euros... I guess it must be more reliable 

Don't forget you'd need to buy a Lentequip battery for $350 USD and remove the attachment plate to use with the US adapter, so with postage you'll probably be up to 850 USD. Still about half the price of the Finnish one, even with their discount, but then that one has a lifetime warranty and extra D tap or Lemo outputs. It also seems to be an actual product rather than "yet to be launched"..

• 5 months later...

I represent Rencher Industries. If you have any questions, just ask.

Our adapter includes the battery plate, 24V booster, and custom designed adapter bracket. The end-user must provide a Lentequip LR-E3 battery. It's very simple to remove the battery interface to install on our adapter, and it's non-destructive.

I've only seen photos here and there of the finnish adapter, so I can't speak to that.

We do have plans to make an all-in one adapter at some point, but with COVID, it's low-priority. If anyone is interested in shipping their SR3 to Charlotte, NC. We would be happy to develop a working all-in-one adapter, and would in turn trade for a free finished product. We would pay for shipping back and forth, as well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In case this is of help to anyone, I have both the hawk woods v mount belt and the Rencher SR3 v mount adapter. I havent gotten a whole lot of use out of the Rencher adapter thanks to the pandemic, but for what I have done I've been very happy with it. with a 98wh v mount its lighter than throwing a lentequip battery on the back of it. Definite operator quality of life improvement

I also have 2 dead Lentequip batteries lying around if anyone is interested. they're heavy to ship, but if anyone is willing to cover the shipping fees I'd rather ship them to someone needed one for an adapter over throwing them out. 

• 2 months later...

Here's an update on this: We do have an SR3 adapter in stock now, but it is not on our website yet. It is complete, so you do not need to buy any additional parts. It does require an onboard adapter, which is what you would need for the original batteries. You can see it here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHirOdehWL4/

If anyone is interested in learning more, please email sales@rencherindustries.com

We've been working on an adapter that would not require the onboard adapter, but we're not sure if it will ever see wide release since most people don't seem to see the cost as worth it (as seen in response to a similar product mentioned above). 

We will also be coming out with a universal 14V to 24V adapter, which will be a bit costlier, and have a different mounting type than this adapter. You can see that here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFDQxM9h8cu/ and here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CE_5ugch0ms/