Stephen Perera

Film v Digital Oscars + Globes nominations image

Interesting chart.....long live film! Mr Deakins...come on man...shoot some film again, Arri won't mind you park the 65 a while....its up to people like you to use, advocate, compliment, use and thus help keep film alive for 'nobody's like me who love film....you have a responsibility to keep the painting palette full of different options for us.....not just the visual communism of digital for our end of the scale.....

Film.003-e1580187472775.jpeg

Edited by Stephen Perera
  • Like 1

Not sure how they broke this up because in the Golden Globes there are 13 examples using film cameras, but it is more likely that a couple of films used more than one type of film camera, I doubt that a whole feature was shot on an MOS camera like the 435. There are 45 cameras used for 29 films listed.

• Like 1

Yea there were a quite a few movies shot on film released in 2019. In fact, our local Hollywood Arclight cinema's, was projecting 4 movies ON film at the tail end of 2019; Joker, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Uncut Gems and Little Woman. I'm sad they never made a print of Lighthouse. 

got to get you back on celluloid David haha....The Love Witch was fantastic....the 'over-lighting' vibe of studio set ups in Hollywood back lots of the films of the time......nailed it.....she was mesmerising too.....as is the current mrs Meisel actress

Edited by Stephen Perera
  • Like 1

Working with film for me is like this.. a producer hired an older actress and asked me to make sure she looked 25 years old again (this is an example and no way is my view of older actresses)

So filters lighting grading had to be prepped and tested  for the shooting and she still didn’t look 25 years old

Shooting on film is doing this project and just using a 25 year old actress 

14 minutes ago, dio zafi said:

Working with film for me is like this.. a producer hired an older actress and asked me to make sure she looked 25 years old again (this is an example and no way is my view of older actresses)

So filters lighting grading had to be prepped and tested  for the shooting and she still didn’t look 25 years old

Shooting on film is doing this project and just using a 25 year old actress 

Excellent hahah