FS. Aaton S16 LTR 54 and Lenses

Chance Shirley

I’m selling my Aaton LTR 54 camera package and six lenses. I’m located in Birmingham, Alabama, USA.

The camera (serial no. 1096) is factory-original Super 16 and features a nice internal black and white video tap, purchased from and installed by Visual Products several years back. In the kit: two mags, three batteries, Aaton charger, right-hand grip, and a solid case. The camera was last serviced in 2010 and hasn’t been used much since then. It is in generally good shape. Only two known issues: the rubber film guides in the mags have dissolved (this is apparently a common problem and can be fixed) and the batteries need re-celling. Also, the wooden right-hand grip was broken and repaired when I first got it, but it’s only a cosmetic problem — the grip functions properly and feels very nice in hand.

I’ll sell the lenses individually or as a set. I have four Optar Illumina primes (9.5mm, 16mm, 25mm, and 50mm) in Arri B-mount. Plus a Zeiss 85mm prime that has been converted to Aaton mount, and an Aaton mount Angenieux 15-150mm zoom lens.

I’m asking $4,000 for the camera as-is and $1,000 each for the lenses. If you’d prefer me get the batteries and mags fixed before selling it, I’m asking $5,000 for the camera. If you buy four or more of the lenses, I’ll throw in the Pelican case. And if want everything — the camera and all the lenses — I’ll come down on the price.

If you have any questions about anything or want more info, just let me know. And if you’d like to reach me off list, feel free to text me (205-427-2850) or email me at chance@crewless.com.

And you can see photos of everything on my OneDrive... https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqJuGMR4C7hqkFR0MLBsIabWtMyh?e=PnluVW

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, David Schoonderveej said:

Still available?  I might be intrested in the Angenieux zoom. Does the Angenieux fully cover super 16mm? 

Hi, David.

Yes, the Angenieux is still available and it does fully cover Super 16mm.

Feel free to email me at chance.shirley@outlook.com for more info.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update on this: I've sold some lenses and the Aaton camera kit. 

So the remaining items for sale are Optar Illumina 25mm and 50mm primes, the Angenieux 15-150mm T3.1 zoom, and the Zeiss 85mm prime.

Asking $1,000 each for the lenses.

• 1 month later...

Another update: the 25mm, 50mm, and 85mm primes still available, along with the zoom.

Also, I just found my adapter that allows for mounting Arri-B mount lenses on an Aaton-mount 16mm camera. These seem to be hard to find these days, so make me an offer if you're interested.

Photo of the adapter: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqJuGMR4C7hqkhmuB8UqyrgeWXlX?e=0juFXV