Loose Feed Wheel on ARRI SR Mag

Laney Naling

I'm currently working on a standard 16mm Arri SR Mag that has a loose feed wheel. Since the wheel itself isn't tied down by screws, and t's slowly starting to come completely off due to one of the non-screws (I'm sorry I don't know the term) not being attached to the feed side at all. 

In the mean time I used the mags we have for spare parts to replace the feed side entirely. It's not 100% broken, everything else is fine with it but it's just the wheel that's got to be figured out I'm just not sure how. Any tips or references I can go to figure out this problem? 

Will respond with photos soon

Thank you everyone!

• Premium Member

If it's the feed spindle base with 3 rivets that has come loose then replacing the rivets may fix it, but it's likely the holes in the platine itself have been enlarged, so you would probably just replace the whole thing (as you have already done).

You can often pick up mags pretty cheaply for parts like this, just watch for deteriorated paint on the platine and inside of the door - on many older SR mags that rubberised paint has become sticky or gummy (and looks whitish), which can cause issues if the film rubs against it.