Syncing Audio In Different Editors

Will Jellicorse

Hey guys 

I'm needing to manually sync a ton of tracks that has bad scratch audio. The main project will be edited in premier by another editor but I prefer to use resolve. Is it OK to sync in resolve as long as I export an EDL once the footage has been sunk or is it just easier to do everything in premier itself? Haven't gotten my hands on the footage yet but the client says that you can at least hear the clap pretty well so going to manually sync based on that.

Please let me know, thanks!

Well basically it doesn't matter what software you use to sync the clips.

The only difference between Resolve and Premiere that I can see is that in Resolve you can only automatically sync via audio when you create a timeline (haven't found a way to do it directly on the timeline) and in Premiere you can do exactly that throw it in the timeline and sync up stuff.

But if you've got to sync stuff manually anyway it literally doesn't matter what NLE you use as long as you've got the scratch and original audio.

I don't know I guess I'm old school or something but whenever we shoot a music video or something where we have something being played over that we're going to put over in post I always edit in some kind of audio marker at the beginning and end. Makes life so much easier and when we've got external audio I always want to use the slate.

Hope you don't have too much f a rough time syncing it manually and best of luck.