Discussion about cancelling NAB

Death of the young has been mentioned quite a few times recently regarding the difference between the two diseases

Wikipedia  gives this possible reason.

"Scientists offer several possible explanations for the high mortality rate of the 1918 influenza pandemic. Some analyses have shown the virus to be particularly deadly because it triggers a cytokine storm, which ravages the stronger immune system of young adults  "

First reported case in the Spanish flu break out .. was in the US ..

On 4 March 1918, company cook Albert Gitchell reported sick at Fort Riley, an American military facility that at the time was training American troops during World War I, making him the first recorded victim of the flu. Within days, 522 men at the camp had reported sick.

Medicine was back in the Stone Age compared to now .. I dont  think you can compare the 50 million that died to today.. .. and it was during WW1.. probably didnt help .. 

Edited by Robin R Probyn

• Premium Member

Well it just happened to my show. I’m here in Prague, CZ on a Disney/Marvel picture and after just four days of shooting we are being recalled back to the States. The Corona Virus is here as well. 

G

4 minutes ago, Gregory Irwin said:

Well it just happened to my show. I’m here in Prague, CZ on a Disney/Marvel picture and after just four days of shooting we are being recalled back to the States. The Corona Virus is here as well. 

G

Had two good shoots canceled .. one in Japan  (home turf) and one in Palau ..Mmm could be a bad year for freelancers ..

• Premium Member

Mother Earth throwing a small random 'snake flu' towards us just to test how it would work and it suddenly closes whole countries and ruins the world economy. Pretty interesting effect I think... hope it won't become a regular phenomenon. We can thank bats for cooking up this disease too ?

• Like 1

Same here, I had a nice shoot for Friday get cancelled and I have a few days assisting on a indie feature that's hoping to complete before any potential lockdowns - the insurance on these things looks dicey.

Looks like it could be a lean few months 

• Premium Member

Tom Hanks has just tested positive for Coronavirus while prepping for the Baz Luhrmann film that was about to start shooting at the Gold Coast Studios here in Australia, shutting down the whole production.  I wish him and his wife a speedy recovery, and hope it hasn't spread to any of the crew and their families, but I suspect this is only the beginning. Productions are cancelling all over the place, travel restrictions are multiplying, companies shutting down.

It's not a good time for lots of industries, but the film and TV industry will be hit pretty hard by this pandemic, and I really feel for the many freelance workers who will be out of work.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 11:02 AM, Gregory Irwin said:

G

Just saw that in the trades. Apparently you guys only had one week left and it's unsure whether the production will return there. I guess you guys will have to use greenscreen and plates?

I guess the "good" thing in the Tom Hanks situation is that the folks who are infected will self quarantine until the virus fades away and should theoretically not be getting infected again (although we're not 100% on whether you can get reinfected or not). Rumbles that The Batman could be interrupted in the UK too. Fantastic Beasts 3 is supposed to begin filming on Monday, I hope it won't be impacted, although they're shooting it all in Leavesden on sets.

Edited by Manu Delpech

I feel like I had the Coronavirus last month because I had a sore throat that lasted way longer than usual in addition to a cough. I rarely ever get coughs.

Now just trying to think of who I came in contact with over that period lol.