I NEED HELP, PLEASE!

Bella Roberts

Hi everyone,

I'm 18 years old and I've been editing for about four year now, on premire pro. I wouldn't say I'm a pro editor (yet) but I'm definitely not an amateur. 

Basically I was asked by a mate to edit and produce a film for him. I did many rough cuts until he was finally satisfied. Everything seemed normal when I exported it, there were no red flags that anything was wrong. However when I exported it as an OMF and sent it to the sound editor, she got this message (https://drive.google.com/file/d/16RzMgFF_6GG7yoo65deo5_BZ13C_3EcM/view?usp=sharing) and was unable to open it into pro tools. I tried removing all effects and sending it to her, same message. I tried just sending her the dialogue, same message. 

Even though I wasn't paid to do this film, it is now my responsibility because I decided to take on this project. 

I have never encountered this problem and I don't know what to do. I don't really want to re-edit the whole project again because that took me a really long time. I'm honestly stuck and the sound editor can't do anything until this is fixed. It's really upsetting seeing all my work wasted and I don't know how to fix it.

If anyone more advanced me, or has encountered this problem before could give me advice or help I would seriously appreciated it right now.

Thanks,

Bella

• 2 months later...