Hair Inside Gate | How to Remove?

Michael P Honold

Hello there,

Wanted to shoot some super 8 animation today, since I have the time now due to the quarantine. But noticed that there is a piece of hair or debris inside the gate. Anyone know how to remove it? It's located on the bottom right of the gate. I have a Braun Nizo 481 Macro that hasn't been used since last fall. Never tried this before, but any help or guidance or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and stay safe

Nizo_Gate.jpg

Thanks for the advice David and Simon, I really appreciate your help. I managed to remove the hair carefully with an orange wood stick and held the camera on its back, with the lens facing up and got it out of the gate. Not sure how a piece of hair can get inside the gate, but thankfully it's out. Now it's time to shoot

Are you sure that's a hair? It looks very straight and at a perfect 45° angle. I have seen several camera that have a markers / needles like that one so you can get some kind of information when you see trough the viewfinder.

Yes, it was a tiny piece of hair. I also thought it might be the exposure needle in the finder, as the needle moves from right to left in the finder, but had my doubts. But did some research and found that viewfinder optics are in front of the gate, so what you see in the finder will not be the same for the gate. 

On 3/20/2020 at 1:16 AM, Ruben Arce said:

Are you sure that's a hair? It looks very straight and at a perfect 45° angle. I have seen several camera that have a markers / needles like that one so you can get some kind of information when you see trough the viewfinder.

Seems more like what you suggest.  A rough calculation from the images comes to 0.12mm   Fairly thick for a hair, unless from a thick haired animal.

Edited by Andries Molenaar