Best masterclass Youtube promo.

Monetizing one's wisdom in one's old age is a real phenomena now.  At least judging by the number of promos for masterclasses by legitimate looking old wise people. In the unwise speak of younger people, i'ts,  like,  a thing.

My favourite one sofar is Frank Gehry's. 

....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az-m56vUjgw

The .... at the start of that URL is just to disable the huge Youtube screen that would otherwise automatically appear in the post.

Edited by Gregg MacPherson
adding useful info.

Do any of the classes actually give anything beyond beginner's help? I took the Aaron Sorkin one and was disappointed with a total lack of emphasis on writing scripts that actually sell. Can't recall anything about planting seeds, setting up twists, emotional manipulation, like nothing at all in the advanced category.

I agree with you Max, the five or six Master Classes I have seen have all been so basic that even a beginner would have a hard time getting anything useful out of it. I would really advice against using resources on this series.

The sorkin class is more about structural fundamentals but he does give you a lot of leads for where to find inspiration etc.  Mentions studying the Poetics quite a few times. I think though there is no magic bullet for things like how to write a twist. It takes time and planning. Setting up events and good story telling, all of which are just fundamentals. 

That being said I imagine there are a plethora of books out there on those subjects if you have specific interests. Many will just dissect other writers work which can be helpful, but also something you can do yourself. 

57 minutes ago, Shawn Sagady said:

I think though there is no magic bullet for things like how to write a twist. It takes time and planning. Setting up events and good story telling, all of which are just fundamentals. 

There's no magic bullet, but there's definitely a process for seed planting I've had to explain to my friends in like 30 or so minutes. I'm a nobody, why can't a legendary screenwriter delve into that?