Non reflex Bolex H16 for single perf film

Patrick Cooper

I'm wondering which non reflex models of the Bolex H16 can accept single perf film without modification? Also, are there any identifying features that these particular models have to make them easier to recognise? I'm finding that so many of the Bolexes look the same to me. 

Additionally, could anyone provide some more information about the critical focusing screen and the critical gate focuser. I'm guessing that only some models would have these features.

You can tell about single perf film by serial number.  Serial numbers above 76471 take single perf film. Bolexcollector.com details the different models and gives a lot of information about them, if you want to see how they differ.Bolexcollector

On 3/28/2020 at 3:20 PM, Leanne Summers said:

No problem at all! Yeah, it is very useful and informative. Just glad to see others who are enthusiastic about film!

Oh yea I wish there were more people out there like us! I used to shoot more cine film a number of years ago and I'm thinking about getting back into it with low budget equipment. I did have a K3 before that was very reliable until it died one day and wouldn't run anymore.