Vivarium, Photographed by MacGregor, directed by Lorcan Finnegan

• Premium Member

Vivarium, Directed by Lorcan Finnegan, 2020. 

Being one of my most expected movies of the year I'm a bit sad that I wasn't able to catch it in the Dublin Film Festival because due to the coronavirus pandemic Vivarium has gone through online distribution without having a proper cinema release (at least in Europe, maybe it did in the States).

Lorcan Finnegan and longtime collaborator (and member of this forum) @Mr. Macgregor are able to tell a pretty interesting and original story (which is A LOT nowadays) and they do so in a very tasteful way without forgetting about their European roots (I personally think so!).
The mix between sci fi, horror and their backgrounds creates a movie that stands out in the middle of superhero movies and remakes because it does have a lot of subtext!

The script is fantastic and it introduces you in the world where everything is going to happen within 5 minutes and no complications. 
Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots are splendid in their roles BUT the character which steals the show is Eanna Hardwicke, his portray of "old boy" is superb! I had the chance to work with him on a Tv Series last Summer and he is very very good!, better than the two main characters in my opinion!

Really good movie to watch if you're at home, and if you're not at home, you should! ? 

Have a lovely day!