Sign in to follow this  
Serge Gregory

Filter Adapter for Zeiss 10-100 T3

I'm considering getting a Zeiss 10-100 T3 as part of an Arri S/B package. What's the best solution for hanging a filter adapter off the front of the lens? Will a Cokin P 499 Universal Ring work or are there better options? Will this lens work with a standard Arri S matte box and 2x2 filters? I'm trying to avoid going the route of an expensive (and cumbersome) matte box and rail system.

There were rubber clip on (clamp on) lens hoods for those zooms. There was a square one that took two 3x3 filters.  Have seen them occasionally on eBay.

f you are patient there are some inexpensive light weight matte boxes you could adapt. 

The front of the 10-100 T3.1 zoom rotates with focus, so if you want a clip on MB it probably has to be round. If you can't find one you may have to adapt something yourself. Lots of news and doc cameras had round rubber sunshades on the zoom. A step up adapter formed a housing for series 9 filters, which I think will cover that lens. Rubber hood screwed onto that.

I think you will find the basic filters, CTO, NDs,  in 3x3 or S9, but what's available cheap second had will be limited compared to 4x4. So the option might be to try putting together a light 4x4 system with rails. There are some 4x4 MBs that are very light. I saw an all plastic Petroff one that was absurdly light but still strong. I see what looks like the same MB (but may not be) on eBay sometimes cheap used.