Synch motor for Cameflex CM3

Hello,

I'm starting a new thread which is picking up on Appo's Synch motors thread from a while back.

Whilst I would like to run a Cameflex motor with a crystal controller I have decided to make something that works with easily sourced components. 

My sorting point will be to adapt the casing from the Cameflex motor but inside install a bushels DC motor with and in built Hall sensor. This would then be controlled by and Arduino chip to give the motor a synch source.

Does anyone have experience with Brushless DC motors and controlling them via Arduino or ready built Brushless DC motor controllers?

I'm currently rebuilding a couple of CM3's and have several components that would fit the bill for upgrading. 

Anyone interested or have any technical advice?

• Premium Member

sounds interesting! and should be relatively easy to do with minimal parts.

I don't have much experience with brushless motors but I can help with the mechanical ideas in case you need them :) 

Do you have access to machining tools or have a friend who has the tools (typically at least a metal lathe and milling machine with dividing head), that would help a lot when adapting a suitable motor for the camera? I understood you will like use the original angle gears from the Cameflex motor and just replace the top assembly which has the motor itself and the rheostat controller. But it might be worth investigating if it would make sense to just make a completely new assembly which has similar axle connection than the original motor. Should not be complicated for someone with the necessary tools and some time. Depending on the motor you want to use, this could give more freedom on the designing process.

There should be lots of info about Arduino controlled brushless motors, they are used in robotics etc which is one of the primary use of Arduinos