Do Cooke Kinetal lenses cover s35 sensor?

Hi guys, 

Just found a few Cooke Kinetal lenses. 
Interesting if they cover s35 sensor. 
Was trying to find any information about what image circle do they cover. But couldn’t so far. 
Interesting  in lenses from 17.5 mm. 

Also what’s your opinion about Schneider Arriflex cine xenon 16mm/ 25/ 28

Maybe someone has already tested it?

Thanks

Edited by Volodymyr Usyk
Missed word

I've never used them, but have read that the 37.5mm, 50mm, and 75mm Kintal cover S35.

Schneider Cine-Xenon 28mm f2 covers academy 35 (probably also 2.8K 16:9 on Alexa). The 16mm and 25mm probably don't. I believe they are 16mm lenses. Schneider Cinegon 18mm f1.8 covers S35, though.

All these lenses have a strong vintage look, similar to Cooke Panchro imo but maybe not as nice. Different coatings and aperture shape.

Edited by M Joel W

No, I don't think the 17.5mm covers S35. They're designed for 16mm I believe (so are the 16mm and 25mm Cine-Xenons) but some of the longer focal lengths happen to cover S35. At least so I've read. And there are some images on Flickr that indicate the 37.5mm covers APS-C, maybe with a bit of vignetting. But I've never tried it myself.

I have first-hand experience with the 28mm f2 Cine-Xenon, though. It's borderline on S35. But on Alexa 2.8k 16:9 it should cover I think. I believe it was designed for academy 35.

• 2 years later...
On 4/22/2020 at 2:26 AM, M Joel W said:

I've never used them, but have read that the 37.5mm, 50mm, and 75mm Kintal cover S35.

If I'm using a 32mm Speed Panchro on A-CAM, will the Kinetal 50mm behave (FOV wise) the same as a 50mm Speed Panchro, or will it be more like a 100mm Speed Panchro (because Kinetals are Super 16 lenses)?

Edited by Joel Hanson Li
Missed word.

16 minutes ago, Joel Hanson Li said:

If I'm using a 32mm Speed Panchro on A-CAM, will the Kinetal 50mm behave (FOV wise) the same as a 50mm Speed Panchro, or will it be more like a 100mm Speed Panchro (because Kinetals are Super 16 lenses)?

It'll behave like a 50mm. It feels like 100mm on S16 because the film back is half the size. Since it covers S35 (or at least it really should based on what I've read – I would try it first) and you don't have to crop, the 50mm on S35 will feel like a 50mm on S35.

• Thanks 1