Which motors fit Bolex RX0 ?

Aapo Lettinen

• Premium Member

Hi you all!

I have an old Bolex H16RX from 1957, it is the first RX model ofter referred as the "RX0". 

Which type of electric motors originally fit to this type of camera, I might be interested in purchasing a motor later this year? There is lots of motors which fit the newer models but I am unsure which ones would work correctly with the old model camera. It would be nice to shoot sync music video stuff with the camera because the C-mount is pretty versatile and I have good lenses for it. I thought I could purchase one or two cheap motors and repair them by myself and maybe add my own crystal sync system to it if it seems practical.

• Premium Member

Well, you can turn the upper screw into the rewind shaft (LH thread). The camera doesn’t have a tap for the lower screw. The early wild motors wouldn’t have two attaching screws but that was soon changed. Paillard had offered to add the tapped bushing on demand. This could be done today. Some early RX examples still have the smaller diameter 8-1 drive shaft which makes the motor interface a little wiggly.