how do you remove lenses on the CP-16A?

I was just wondering if it possible to remove the Angenieux 12-120 lens off the CP-16A. I had read online that there might be other lenses that work on this camera that also have the Dog Leg view finder. Currently my cameras lens is a little loose, which might just be normal because of the lenses weight. However I have been able to correct thus problem with lens support on 15mm rails. Also I should note that the lens focuses correctly, and seems to be in great condition other wise. 

But I was wondering since I have seen pictures online of the camera with out the lens so I am wondering how to remove the lens. I have read that the mount is a C-Mount for the CP-16A so I assume it should just twist off. However when I attempt to unscrew the lens it doesn't seem to really budge. Out of fear of damaging the lens or the camera further I have not attempted any other way to remove the lens. 

Ultimately in the immediate future I don't plan on seeking out any other zoom lenses that might work with the camera. I am more curious if it is possible to tighten the lens further to eliminate some of the play it has currently and to clean the rear lens element. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Elliott Atkinson

Hi Elliott,

Posting an image of the lens in question may help. If I recall correctly I believe the CP-16A lens has a silver ring that unlocks the lens from position to be adjusted/removed. Once the ring is loose I believe you also have to rotate the lens to remove it.

3 hours ago, Andrew Brady said:

Hi Elliott,

Posting an image of the lens in question may help. If I recall correctly I believe the CP-16A lens has a silver ring that unlocks the lens from position to be adjusted/removed. Once the ring is loose I believe you also have to rotate the lens to remove it.

Here is a image of the lens if that helps. So from what you can recollect does the silver ring just unscrew. 

CP16.jpeg

When you remove the lens, you'll find a ring with slot that screws into the C mount. Ensure that is tight.

After doing this, I would check the verticals in the lens viewfinder are correct, since it doesn't take much to knock them off.

Edited by Brian Drysdale