Whats a great electronic viewfinder to pair with the Sigma FP under 1004

I've decide to buy a Sigma fp, I'm pretty much in love with the system. I feel like it's the "PC" like camera that RED promised us, the fact it a full frame 4k camera that has beatiful color and can record to hardrives is stunning. However, buying the camera will require one to build out a system for themself's in order to gain it's full benefits. I'm looking for an affordable electronic viewfinder that will be able to display luts similar to the Small HD monitor. keep in mind Im looking for something seperate to the camera, not one those viewfinder attachments that connect to the cameras own lcd screen. preferably under 100 dollars, 150 is the max that I'll spend

• Premium Member

Just so we're clear, you want an electronic viewfinder with inbuilt LUT capability and your budget is $150 maximum?

Not at that price. People have rigged the Blackmagic viewfinders onto various cameras, but they're $1500, SDI only, and don't do LUTs. You can just about get a Zacuto of some sort for a third of that, something like the Z-AEVF, but again no LUTs and it's not full resolution.

SmallHD make (or used to make, I'm not sure) the Sidefinder, which is a little 5-inch monitor with an attached loupe that allows it to behave like an EVF the way Sony sometimes build them for ENG cameras - look it up, it's quite tidy. That will do LUTs, but again, it's a lot, lot more than $150.

What you want doesn't exist at your budget. You'll need to look around for an old used EVF and probably have to go without LUTs.