What are some good but obscure VHS tapes that need archiving?

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just bought an interesting VHS today. I had bought it previously for $1.50, but it was a mess. Tons of dropouts. So I sucked it up and bought a sealed version for $20. Someone on eBay had a lock on the few remaining 1996 VHS tapes of 'How to have Cybersex on the Internet.'  Really weird seeing all that old computer gear, dial up etc. Box is sealed, so keeping my fingers crossed it is playable.

They got a copy of it on the I.A., but it is 6.6GB. It is too big for me, I can't watch it, nor download it. The computer refuses to deal with it in any way, shape or fashion.

VHS tapes are pretty worthless. But if there is a title that is rare and no one has it, the tape may or for a $100 or more.

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Sadly the sealed tape I referenced above was a mess. Same thing with drop outs. The last remaining copies of that VHS must have been stored poorly. Maybe near a magnetic source. Both tape pretty much mirror each other for defects.  The guy selling it had about 10 sealed copies at one time. Maybe a close out he acquired.