This is a bit specific so I might not get a response, but has anyone ever adapted Leica m-mount lenses to a c-mount cine camera? There are adapters out there, and the flange distance appears to allow this to happen, but I’m still a little unsure as to if it’ll work perfectly. The fact that Leica lenses are built for cameras that don’t have a mirror, and I’m attempting to adapt it to a camera that has a mirror, seems backwards. Usually you can’t adapt mirrorless/rangefinder lenses to SLR lenses (while maintaining infinity focus). Additionally, I know m-mount lenses that are wider than 50mm perform poorly on mirrorless cameras like a Sony Alpha, but I think that’s a digital-only problem. 

For context, I have an Eclair ACL for which I have two Zeiss Superspeeds. I’m going to be purchasing a Leica 50mm soon for photography work (most likely the Summilux ASPH), and I would really like to use it on the 16mm cam as essentially a telephoto, close-up lens. 

No problems with ACL and Leica lenses.

I've used a lot my Summicron 50 and 90 mm lenses with ACL II and Bolex RX4 with perfect results.

Awesome. Good to hear. What type of shots did you use the 90mm for? That’s like a 300mm 35mm equivalent, right? Macro?