Lens Rental during Covid

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can rent four ultra primes for two weeks for no more than about $1500. They'd be used in NM. I have a quote for $1200/week but that's more than I can really swing for this. I figured that everyone's equipment is idle and that I wouldn't have any problem making this win-win deal. But the first rental house I contacted really didn't have much flexibility. They weren't unpleasant, but they weren't willing to converge. I've got insurance through ATHOS and I always treat equipment like it's my own. It's not like I'll be shooting a dune buggy flick.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank You

ps They do need to be ultra primes, because all my gear needs 95mm front barrel.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dennis Toeppen said:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can rent four ultra primes for two weeks for no more than about $1500. They'd be used in NM. I have a quote for $1200/week but that's more than I can really swing for this. I figured that everyone's equipment is idle and that I wouldn't have any problem making this win-win deal. But the first rental house I contacted really didn't have much flexibility. They weren't unpleasant, but they weren't willing to converge. I've got insurance through ATHOS and I always treat equipment like it's my own. It's not like I'll be shooting a dune buggy flick.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank You

ps They do need to be ultra primes, because all my gear needs 95mm front barrel.

With your budget I’d suggest looking at CP.3s or Sigma Cine primes. They both have 95mm fronts.

• Upvote 1

Good news, I found several acceptable deals on sharegrid.com and chose one this AM. I'll report back on my experience. 

A surprising number of rental houses were not responsive to emails. I was particularly surprised that Alan Gordon Enterprises isn't answering emails. I've had great luck with them in the past.

Thank you for the tips, AJ and Mark.

Edited by Dennis Toeppen