WTB: Bolex REX 4 turret hardware

Philip Forrest

Simon,

Thanks, I had not thought to contact them directly. I've been completely stonewalled by still camera manufacturers like Nikon, when doing work on those cameras, so going directly to Bolex wasn't on my mind. Again, many thanks!

Phil Forrest

• Premium Member

Bolex International can be a little difficult to deal with for people outside the EU - last time I bought something from them there was no easy payment methods, and with postage charges on top of fairly expensive parts costs, I have found it sometimes easier and cheaper to buy a local body on eBay for parts. In the US you could also try the various local Bolex repair repair people you have, like Procam, Chambless or Bolexpert Jean-Louis Seguin (who posts here).

However the turret screw and washer that you want are not so unique that you need original Bolex parts. The screw is a cheesehead M3 x 5mm, the washer is 11mm diameter with a square hole of 4mm sides. You can easily find such a screw, the washer is a little harder to find but available, or can be made from a standard washer with a small file. Just make sure the square hole fits neatly over the square ended shaft.

The original Bolex parts will of course look exactly right.