F900R Feature Films?

Mike Krumlauf

10 hours ago, Andrew Skalak said:

"Dogville"

This site seems to list a few others: https://www.nextwavefilms.com/ulbp/bullfront.html

All of those films were the F900 not the R. Dogville was the F900/3

8 hours ago, Tyler Purcell said:

The F900 and the F900R are very similar. There are A LOT of movies shot on the F900 series cameras. 

Yes, but there is IMHO quite enough of a difference in the images and toolset to warrant them to be two different cameras

The 900R has far better dynamic range handling and an overall cleaner image.

Just now, Tyler Purcell said:

Do you own both? 

I've owned 1 Original F900, 2 F900/3s, one of which was the Panavision Model, and I currently own the F900R So i'm well versed in that lineage of camera. Why do you ask?

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Mike Krumlauf said:

I've owned 1 Original F900, 2 F900/3s, one of which was the Panavision Model, and I currently own the F900R So i'm well versed in that lineage of camera. Why do you ask?

Oh just wondering, a lot of people come on here and haven't used them before. I have used the F900 a bit, but never the R. 

56 minutes ago, Bruce Greene said:

I think the big advantage of the R model is that it has digital video out over SDI. The earlier models only had analog video out which required 3 cables.

That is one of the big advantages. Their are many more... seriously the R is leaps and bounds an all around better camera than the original F900. The body itself is even lighter than my Varicam H.

Oh bruce, speaking of that, I got a Zeiss Digizoom and a Canon HJ21x7.5 Cine lens for my Varicam H and F900R :)

• Like 1