FS: Rare Canon 6.6-66mm T2.7 Super 16 Zoom (PL)

Gus Bendinelli

This is the third and final generation of Canon’s legendary Super 16 zoom series which began with the 8-64 (famously used in The Hurt Locker). Apparently this is the sharpest zoom lens ever made for Super 16, and is the best zoom to match the popular Zeiss Ultra 16 primes. This will also cover the Alexa in Super 16 mode or any Red camera in 2K. I am told that only a few of these were made.

The 6.6-66 is a 10x zoom in PL mount, and the lens has a stop of T2.7 (increases to T3.3 after 54mm). Optically and mechanically the lens is in like-new condition. All elements are clear of any scratches, dust, or cleaning marks. Cosmetically there are a few light scuffs on the housing and light general wear and tear, but nothing that affects performance in any way. Also comes with a zoom motor bracket and lens support adapter, and a flight case. Lens markings are imperial, close focus is 23” which is remarkable for a zoom with this kind of range (13-132mm S35 equivalent). Front diameter is 110mm, and the lens weighs ~5lbs.

More photos here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4n6ejfyfcn2cz5v/AACOY2-y4cDX2ckZhybD2JCXa?dl=0

I am selling because the form factor is slightly too large to fit in my SR3 travel package. This is a true workhorse lens for studio or documentary projects, and looks stellar through the whole range. Make an offer!

IMG_4843.jpg