Director Guy Ritchie - underrated and innovative...superb

• Premium Member

Guy Ritchie....nobody talks about him these days and gives him the credit he deserves in my opinion......his films were fantastic to look at and highly enjoyable......I think all these youtube wannabe's should look back pay homage to Guy Ritchie, his cinematographer Tim Maurice-Jones and editor Niven Howie....not Casey Niestat (no offence to him) cos he did the high energy editing style combined with fantastic six etc all back in 1998 with Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch in 2000 (editor Jon Harris)....ok so he married your Madonna but hey......

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Daniel D. Teoli Jr. said:

I guess for some reason he does not stand out that much. I will have to give his work some more viewing time. 

you have to put him in context back in the late 90s....you cant really judge that work with 2020 eyes....but if, like me, you have over 40 years of watching TV and films at the cinema its all stored in the visual database! hahahahahah

He is good at the Diamond Geeza , cockney London gangster thing.. . Lock stock was a great film.. but unfortunately, by far his best really .. bit like Quentin T.. their first big film was their best .. but there again .. Citizen Kane ..  Badlands.. Dual..  so in good company there I guess.. but yeah there is that thing that cannot be ignored  ..that error of judgement that is a smear on his character .. a gapping sore on the soft under belly of humanity .. he did marry Madonna .. and for that .. no he cannot be forgiven ..