Sirui Anamorphic on a Bolex Rex1

By now I am sure most people have heard about the new Sirui Anamorphic lens 1.33. My question is if I had the correct adapter  ( assuming their is one) would this work on the Bolex, I also have a K3 with the modified 16x9 gate maybe a better option with the 1.33 squeeze ...also would the scope lens work on this. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

John

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen a MFT to C-mount adapter.  Since C-mount has a flange distance of 17.25mm and MFT has a 19.25mm, it may just be physically impossible.

The other issue is the Sirui lens is a 50mm. Kind of a long lens on 16mm. Even with a 1.33 squeeze, your FOV is like a 37mm. 

The other option could be putting an anamorphic in front of a C-mount lens, like a Century/Optex 1.33X adapter.

• 3 years later...

Sirui has released a 1.6 x squeeze anamorphic lens that would be great if it could be used on a C mount vintage 16mm camera. Imagine that. But every single mount it comes in, L, X, Z, RF, and DL is unusable on a C mount with an adapter. If they could design a similar lens for Nikon F mount that would be truly amazing as such a lens could then be used on old standard 16mm cameras with a low-cost and easily obtainable Nikon F to C adapter.

https://store.sirui.com/en-au/products/sirui-saturn-35mm-full-frame-carbon-fiber-anamorphic-lens?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=jojo-kol-vuhlandes&utm_campaign=saturn35&ppl_length=1&ppl_time=1697937506542