Posted (edited)

Greetings,

I have a teleprompter from Listec.  It's the type where a tray hangs in front to allow you to use your tablet to display the scrolling text.  The Listec 15mm rods have 1/4x20 female sockets on one end, and the front tray screws into these.

These specialized rods are several inches shorter than the rods I normally use on the base of my camera rig.  So when I need to use the teleprompter, I have to break down my entire rig.  What I'm searching for are either much longer rods that have a 1/4x20 female on one end, or something that screws together that provides the same thing.  That way I could leave them on my rig all the time, and then just screw in the teleprompter tray whenever I want.  Listec doesn't provide these rods, and I've looked through everything at B&H to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick

Edited by Rick Gates
Missed point.

Posted (edited)

What length are you looking for?  It looks like Tilta makes 12" threaded rods, but it doesn't specify the thread size.  

SMALLRIG makes 15mm Rods threaded with m12 threads on the end(up to 16"), CAMVATE has an m12-to-1/4x20 adapter.  I can't speak to their quality.

You could maybe get generic metal rods custom threaded with M12 threads and just use the SMALLRIG adapter if you need a specific length, or over 16"

https://www.amazon.com/SmallRig-Aluminum-Camera-System-2-1053/dp/B00AZFX77S?th=1

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1453930-REG/camvate_c1964_1_4_20_female_to_m12.html

Edited by Adam Froehlich
disclaimer