Running an art gallery in your apartment

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Interesting article, just as the title says.

https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-running-gallery-apartment-side-art

I liked the part of the DJ in the kitchen playing 'Frankenstein' records that were cut up and glued back together like Wm. S. Burroughs mosaic prose he cut up and glued back together. How is that even possible? I would think it would wreck the needle. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

It's really interesting because my girlfriend is foremost a sculptress so we always have a lot of her sculptures where we live. Some are small and some are as big as a person. Along with her being a sculptress her mother is a painter as well and as a result we have a huge amount of paintings hung and I must say that I love it because it's very interesting and colorful, compared to some places where there's literally nothing anywhere. It's really funny when people visit and say how interesting and cosy it is because of all the art. Of course the apartment doubles as her gallery since her studio is for creating stuff but what a better place than to display the art than where it should eventually end up, in a place where someone can look at it.

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting reading.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...