'Gone with the Wind' and 'Holiday Inn' on the chopping block.

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

I hope this is not too political for you guys and gals. But it IS film news. The cancel culture has axed 'Gone with the Wind' as too racist for public consumption.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hbo-max-removes-gone-wind-1297806

The Christmas classic 'Holiday Inn' is next on the chopping block. DVD's of the films may someday be as scarce as 'Song of the South.'

Unthinkable, huh?

But if the book burning gets under steam and the virtue signalers get ahold of the DVD's for public shows of mass destruction, anything is possible nowadays.

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.
  • Upvote 4

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Daniel D. Teoli Jr. said:

The cancel culture has axed 'Gone with the Wind'

Not quite. "HBO Max has temporarily removed Gone With The Wind from its streaming library in order to add historical context to the 1939 film long criticized for romanticizing slavery and the Civil War-era American South." Nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Uli Meyer

OK, that is fair Uli. But do you want to be force-fed to read one sided opinions jammed into the film or put it in the special features? 

You see Uli, much of this was just how life was lived back then. Same with Jivaro Indians that shrunk heads or Mayan that offered human sacrifices to their gods and what have you. 

Now when I say one sided Uli, do you know that black males are +/- 6.3% of the population in the USA and do upwards of +/- 52% of the murder in the USA?

Will they put that in the film as well Uli?

I don't mind at all if people have their say, but lets get both sides of the story Uli.

• 2 weeks later...