WTB: Aaton XTR Prod accessories

Brody Carmichael

I just recently picked up an Aaton XTR prod and I'm looking for some accessories.

- Aaton extension zoom eyepiece ( the fancy one) 

- wooden hand grip 

- 1.85 ground glass 

- Aaton 15mm rods 

I know there is a company that custom makes the hand grips but I wanted to put out feelers on this forum.I know all this is a long shot but who knows right? 

• Premium Member

The 15mm rods are 3/4 thread, so you can use any aftermarket rods and simply make a small recess in them right where the threads stop so they will fit into the recess on the front mount. 

Wooden hand grips are on ebay all the time, so just keep an eye out. One just sold recently without a on off switch for a few hundred dollars. There is nothing special about the original one vs aftermarket if you don't need an on-off switch. 

1.85:1 ground glass is impossible. I've been looking for one for years. You'd have to get someone to make one for ya. 

I got the fancy extension viewfinder and ya know what? It doesn't have the stupid zoom! The knob on it is a diopter not a zoom. So the zoom one is VERY rare I guess. I've been trying to find one for years and haven't been able to. 

• Upvote 1

All really helpful! thanks so much. 

I heard that the rods are a little word and you would need to mod them some way. so that's really helpful! 

My bud has a Aaton Xtera and it has a 1.85:1 ground glass and I'm pretty jealous of it. I think that a few repair houses COULD make a ground glass but most ive reached out to are not interested. 

Yah the extension viewfinder that im looking for would be nice to have the zoom but the biggest thing I want is just to have better optical performance. the basic one is dark and fuzzy compared to the nice short eyepiece. 

I haven't seen a wooden grip in the last few months but I'll keep my eye out. 

Brody,

I have an Aaton zoom extension eyepiece available. It has a built-in heater diopter and a male bnc for the eyepiece follower rod. I'm try to find the cable to the heater and the follower rod assembly.

• Like 1

I have Two extension eyepieces with zooms available. They both have a BNC mount for an eyepiece follower (removable).

One has a built-in eyepiece heater.

I also have available diopters to further the range of the standard diopter adjustment.

15927811365522217212868086562459.jpg

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Robin Phillips said:

Aaton france still has ground glasses, at least as of 2018. thats when I got a 1.85 one from them. Pierre Michoud is the guy to contact over there

I talked to Pierre last year, he said they didn't have anything. 

• 2 years later...