HELP NEEDED: Angenieux 12-120

• Premium Member

I have a project coming up next weekend and would like to use my Angenieux 12-120. I attach the lens to my ACL with a Cameflex adapter. But I can't tighten the lens into the adapter. It was on its way to Bernie for him to check it out, but it got delivered back to me before it even left the country, due to a fault.

To cut a long story short: the lens seems to work as its supposed to. The aperture, zoom and focus work. But with a little too much force, the whole lens turns along.

I'm still really wondering if I can use the lens, though. As I said earlier, everything works great except for the tightening problem.

I have no time to do a film test or send the lens back before I start shooting. So if anyone can advice me, this would be much appreciated! Thanks!

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Heikki Repo said:

Please send some photos of the adapter. Also, is the adapter attached securely to the camera mount -- i.e., does the lens rotate within the adapter, or the adapter with the lens?

How do I post photos? ?

the adapter is attached securely with the little pin onto the camera mount.

Edited by Willem Jansen

• Premium Member

The mount stays still as I securely tighten it, putting the little pin on the back of the adapter into the little slot on the camera mount. But as I turn the lens into the adapter, it won’t tighten.

F96EF06F-37C7-4407-AF90-1F53DA729943.jpeg

CF0DBD16-474D-478B-9776-619A49946AC2.jpeg

89A00FCF-EBB3-48ED-811C-33EED1404C1D.jpeg

I have similar adapter and an Angenieux 9.5-57mm I use with it. First, remove the adapter from the camera. Push the lens in to the adapter while holding it in your other hand. Then turn the lens and it should be locked. If it's not working, post a photo of the lens as well, of the mount and let's see where these two differ...

Just now, Willem Jansen said:

So turning the lens I would have to turn it anti clockwise?

Yes. Anyway, I think this should be done with the adapter in your hand. You can then twist them in different directions. You should be able to hear the adapter drop over the ridge when you first put it over the lens and turn it a bit back and forth, so that the wings on the lens go in to their place in the adapter.