Gemini 444 won't stop recording!! help

My Gemini 444 recorder is hooked up to my Sony F3. A few days ago, all of a sudden when I wanted to shoot something, I turn it on and it immediately started to record. I couldn't it to stop by any other method other than unplugging the power. No choice. When I go to restart it, on all of my  SSDs, it does the same thing, starts to record and can not be stopped. I updated the firmware and then the SSD firmware, but each time I finish the update, it want to do it over and over and over again, until I decided to cancel. That is with one SSD, the other two since updating firmware of the recorder itself,  keep recording automatically without being able to stop it other than unplugging power. It doesn't even ask to update SSD firmware. This is all of a sudden.It was working fine a few days ago, the only change is that I reversed the direction of the HD-SDI cable.(does that matter?)   Then the trouble started. So I swapped out cables and I still have the problems. I hooked the cables up to a different kind of recorder, Samurai Blade and they work fine. I am not sure what to do. Should I get brand new cables or is there something I can do to the SSDs?..........

• 6 months later...
On 6/21/2020 at 5:10 AM, Chris Burke said:

My Gemini 444 recorder is hooked up to my Sony F3. A few days ago, all of a sudden when I wanted to shoot something, I turn it on and it immediately started to record. I couldn't it to stop by any other method other than unplugging the power. No choice. When I go to restart it, on all of my  SSDs, it does the same thing, starts to record and can not be stopped. I updated the firmware and then the SSD firmware, but each time I finish the update, it want to do it over and over and over again, until I decided to cancel. That is with one SSD, the other two since updating firmware of the recorder itself,  keep recording automatically without being able to stop it other than unplugging power. It doesn't even ask to update SSD firmware. This is all of a sudden.It was working fine a few days ago, the only change is that I reversed the direction of the HD-SDI cable.(does that matter?)   Then the trouble started. So I swapped out cables and I still have the problems. I hooked the cables up to a different kind of recorder, Samurai Blade and they work fine. I am not sure what to do. Should I get brand new cables or is there something I can do to the SSDs?..........

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Considering getting a G444 soon and sort of want to figure out the pitfalls ahead of time.

C

I think the issue lyes with the SSD's. I ended up reformatting them on my laptop. MacBook Pro, as FAT 32 and then insert them into the Gemini. It then in turn wants to reformat, which I allow and all is good. The problem has happened twice. The footage that it shoots when it starts to wild record, is all there and can be recovered if you don't reformat. The problem is more of a nuisance but I would welcome any other feedback if anyone else has experienced this.