Testimonials and Stabilization

Short Version: Does it matter if I have stabilization on a camera for shooting (corporate) video testimonials? Is it ok if I leave the camera running on a tripod while I talk to me subject and not operate/adjust the camera after it starts recording. If the answer is "yes," then is stabilization therefore unnecessary? 

Long Version:  I own a Sony Alpha a6400 that has no in-body image stabilization. I'm planning to either buy a Sigma 56mm f/1.4 (no optical stabilization) or a Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS (SteadyShot optical stabilization) for shooting testimonials. I almost bought the Sigma because the image is so sharp and the aperture is higher, but I'm having second thoughts because I'm not sure if stabilization is important for video testimonials. 

Edited by Jesse Colin

I'm a huge fan of stabilization in both the lens and camera body. In your case, only the lens.

Do you need it for locked-off tripod shots? No. You can turn off stabilization on the lens. Obviously, watch the monitor while you interview to make sure framing is still good.

At a technical level, the Sigma is the better lens. At a practical level, there's not much of a noticeable difference optically between the Sigma and Sony; that extra speed is splitting hairs too. I'd vote for the Sony. ?