1st really short & quickly made 10 sec TV commercial

Hi guys!

So our government has issued some kind of turist vouchers to every citizen to use at any turist destination in our country and as a result most of the turist accommodations have tried to shift their focus towards domestic tourists. As a result more and more places are trying to show what they have to offer to their potencial clients and we're seen a lot of work from this perspective.

Anyway this was a crazy one since the client is a friend and called me up last minute that he actually needed a 10 second TV add that needed to be done in less than a day and a half for his small hotel.

My girlfriend and I didn't exactly know if it was possible but we said what the heck and tried it anyway. So we drove down to the coastal town and shot everything we could find that looked pretty for a couple of hours and then drove straight home and edited the footage for another couple of hours. I mostly directed and consulted the shots, but most of them were shot by my girlfriend and she also did the editing and most of the color grading. Where I did the animation, voice and them mastered everything. 

This was the result after 20 hours of work that we submitted to the TV station. Of course done in our language this just an English version. 

Of course I realize that it could have been done better and that this was a complete run and gun type of thing but I'm actually really happy with the result and so is the client. 

The only comment that his significant other had was that she wanted to see a different shot of the food which in my opinion didn't work but we created an alternative version which was sent to the TV station and let them decide. Where they used the original version where I said that the shot was better since there was not a person in the shot and it looked less personal.

Anyway I'm happy with it and we've done another few of these in the past two weeks which is great since it brings in some come cash and doesn't take a lot of work, time and energy.

But I am however interest a little more form someone who does more commercial shoots and how is it different and if I wanted to expand my business into these type of commercial shoots what to look out for.

Stay safe guys!