Rig light via Eyebolts on Wall

Joseph Tese

• Premium Member

See the two eye bolts in pic below? I want to rig a 1k tungsten between them. I was thinking of putting a piece of steel pipe/tube (small diamoeter that would fit) inside, then just cardellini to the fixtures the only thing is the tube would most likely swing or rotate inside the bolts, relying the positioning of the fixture to “rest on the wall”. I would rather have a more secure and confident way to angle the light as needed. Do you have any suggestions?

4631-E3-FE-2798-4-D0-C-BFE0-EF309-E2-D09

• Premium Member

What if I had a cartellini like this, or something similar where the threaded rod was open/at the endhttps://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1482663-REG/cardellini_2r_right_angle_clamp.html/?ap=y&gclid=CjwKCAjw_-D3BRBIEiwAjVMy7IFtXp5QBix9UsLz4JUh04SszhICCX7VkgTuQxIBeNw7IF8cbUlS9BoCfOUQAvD_BwE&lsft=BI%3A514&smp=y

then, place the rod end through one of the eye bolts, and I can put two washers on either side of the eyebolt and secure them with a locknut. Thoughts?

The eyebolts are not in the same plane. Doubtful that you could slide a rod or pipe trough any two and not hit the brick of the column.

Could you span the width of the "industrial" gallery with speedrail wall spreaders?

Or

Remove the plate(s) with eyebolt and bolt a junior wall plate in its place. Two Big Bens and a section of speedrail would give you a flexible setup.

Edited by JD Hartman

• Premium Member

Thanks for the reply JD. space is pretty big. Maybe I could attempt to speed rail between the brick columns, but there’s not a lot of surface there. 

What if i “speed C” on one of the brick columns?

hang a length  of 2x6 from the existing eye bolts.

screw in some eye bolts to the  2x6 and then just secure to existing eye bolts.

As JD mentioned the two eye bolts are on different planes but just build up the 2x6 on the left side to match the right plane.

You can add a 2nd  safety cable through the wall  eye bolt and around the 2x6 for added security.

Every setup is a reflection of yourself.  If you have to buy "Hardware" or grip equipment to make the shot, it's not as if you will never use the items again.  A rig that's not sturdy, maybe needs frequent readjustmet or looks unsafe, isn't going to save time or get you more work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...