Canon Scoopic Ultra 16 Upgrade

Hunter O'Shea

Hello there. I have a Canon Scoopic 16 M and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with "upgrading" these camera to an Ultra 16mm gate or crystal sync conversion. Is there anyone currently doing these mods or am I better off trying to find an already modified camera.

Thanks.

- Hunter

I own a Scoopic MS in beautiful condition, Bernie with Super 16.inc serviced the camera and converted it to Ultra 16 last year and I George Odell just converted my MS to crystal syn, I literally received the camera a few days ago and I have had a lot of work so I haven't been able to shoot anything, but he made me the favor of fixing something on the camera and converting it to CS. A man of few words, but looks like a clean job, and I hope it works as expected.

It's going to cost around $1,500 to do the two conversions, but at the end you have a nice camera, that you know it was serviced and tested and that will allow you to shoot crystal synced stuff. I have developed a few accessories that take the camera to the next level, so it can be a good investment.

Edited by Ruben Arce
Spelling mistake

Hey Ruden. Thanks for the information. I've found a contact for Bernie but I can't seem to locate George Odell if you wouldn't mind sending me a message. You'll have to let me know how your camera performs but I'm going to definitely go forward on these conversions.

Appreciate the response. 

- Hunter