35mm Home Movie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since it might take a while until I can get a film project started, I wanted to use up some of the stock that's been sitting in my fridge for too long. When the lockdown restrictions here in London ea

Here's some more 'Home Movie' Kodak Vision 3 goodness for those who are interested. I'm still not in any of the shots but next one maybe. Again, this is the 2k Quicktime used for editing which I grade

Here's the 4th installment, should you be interested. A little long at 4 1/2 minutes. This is primarily for my family to enjoy hence the slower pacing. The first few shots are 200T and the rest shot o

Posted Images

Great stuff as always Uli! The baby tossing sequence made me laugh. 😁

You’re gonna have to teach your son to take meter readings for you. Seems like he likes to hold the meter anyway! Your wife is a champ for going along with it too. 

7 hours ago, Heikki Repo said:

We have to learn from the wildlife documentarists, I guess 😁

I think Uli will be ready to shoot Ken Loach films after a few more months of this! 

• Like 2

But the great thing is, after certain age you might have your own 1. AC in the family! And he might even ask the lovely question my eldest asked me a year ago: "Dad, may I inherit that camera?"

1ac.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Satsuki Murashige said:

Great stuff as always Uli! The baby tossing sequence made me laugh. 😁

You’re gonna have to teach your son to take meter readings for you. Seems like he likes to hold the meter anyway! Your wife is a champ for going along with it too. 

I think Uli will be ready to shoot Ken Loach films after a few more months of this! 

Thank you Satsuki! My wife is terrific. She is so patient and supportive. I’m very lucky. 

20 hours ago, Raymond Zananiri said:

Really lovely.

I noticed the scan is far superior to scans of other videos you have on Vimeo from 2 or 3 years ago. Could you shed some light on the difference? 

Hi Raymond,

I get everything scanned through Kodak and don't know if there is a difference in scanners used. I don't think so. There are a couple that were scanned at 2k rather than 4k which makes quite a difference.

21 minutes ago, Tyler Purcell said:

4th installment very nice! Won't be long before your kid will be shooting movies of you! hehe 😛

Yep, time flies. Hopefully on celluloid, if still available.