Good luck to Jarin Blaschke now filming 'The Northman'

• Premium Member

May I be so bold as to wish a good luck to forum's Jarin Blaschke who has resumed filming with director Robert Eggers on 'The Northman' after Covid-19 caused a 'months-long hiatus'.....
Cast includes Nicole Kidman, Willen Dafoe, Bill Skarsgård, Ana Taylor-Joy and Björk!

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/08/robert-eggers-northman-set-revealed-filming-starts-1234581421/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
13 hours ago, Jarin Blaschke said:

Thanks! We've been very fortunate to not shut down from COVID (knock, knock). A couple more months to go....

Jarin

would be great if you could give us some anecdotes as you shoot if possible.....GOOD LUCK

• 2 months later...

We wrap principal photography tomorrow!

For a 87 day shoot, only two days were lost due to false positives in our testing regimen, otherwise no covid hiccups.

I was tested three times per week.

Rob has a very long post production process ahead!

J

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Awesome to hear, can't wait for it Jarin. Those false positives, how do you make sure of those? Jurassic World Dominion shut down close to the end because of supposed false positives but I'm curious how you find out. Some tests are a bit shifty sometimes. 

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Jarin Blaschke said:

We wrap principal photography tomorrow!

For a 87 day shoot, only two days were lost due to false positives in our testing regimen, otherwise no covid hiccups.

I was tested three times per week.

Rob has a very long post production process ahead!

J

Hey Jarin, we look forward to when you can give us details, anecdotes, stories of it all.....and how you found working with the Panavision Panaflex Millennium XL2 (so IMDB says) and 35mm film of course as we know......what light metre you were using.....what EI you rated the stocks ta......everything

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stephen Perera said:

Hey Jarin, we look forward to when you can give us details, anecdotes, stories of it all.....and how you found working with the Panavision Panaflex Millennium XL2 (so IMDB says) and 35mm film of course as we know......what light metre you were using.....what EI you rated the stocks ta......everything

Thanks. Without divulging much of the film or its aesthetic techniques, I’ll probably post my findings within the next week regarding the portfolio of Kodak film stocks, how I rated them, etc, within the next week or so.

jarin

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Jarin Blaschke said:

Thanks. Without divulging much of the film or its aesthetic techniques, I’ll probably post my findings within the next week regarding the portfolio of Kodak film stocks, how I rated them, etc, within the next week or so.

jarin

That's excellent Jarin, much appreciated you take time to come in here and talk to us all.....looking forward to whatever you can share.....

• Like 1

• 4 months later...