ORWO N75 in 2R 16mm? Anyone interested?

• Premium Member

Hi you all!

I am negotiating with a film manufacturer for a special order of 2R perforated 16mm film stock which could be used in older cameras (16mm film with perforations on both sides of the film). I am specifically interested in getting the ORWO N75 film in this format for it being a modern stock with high speed rating and can be developed with simple b/w negative process. The film is relatively affordable as well.

How many of you would be interested in ordering this type of stock in 400ft rolls? 

And if so, how many rolls approximately? 

I am trying to figure out if this batch could be realised as a special order (50 rolls or more ordered so that they could arrange a new slitting of a master roll for us) or if it is necessary to wait for the next scheduled slitting of master rolls which will take some time to happen. So I really need the information of how many people are interested in getting the N75 film in 2R format and how many rolls they would approximately need. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I got lucky and was able to purchase two 400ft rolls worth of the 2R perforated 16mm N75 film from the factory for my own tests. I may post some footage later when getting something shot and scanned. 

Maybe we can check again later if anyone is interested in special ordering this stock from the factory? 

I can't afford purchasing 50+ rolls out of my own pocket so there must be enough backers who can pre pay for their stock before the special order would be possible. You can always try to ask your local ORWO supplier though if they would be interested in collecting these 2R orders so that the factory could slit and perforate smaller amount of rolls from their next normally scheduled batch of N75.

So we will check again next year if the special order would be possible then. If I get some test footage shot and scanned I will post it to this thread too :)

• Like 1