16mm shipping for a month

Cale Boys

I ordered 2 rolls of 250D 100ft rolls from the States to Australia on July 20th and they're only arriving in Australia now. By the time they clear customs and get to my door, potentially 5th of September. 
Would the film be okay being left out of the fridge that long/sitting around/x-rays?

• Premium Member

normal room temperature or air conditioned might do for one month if you are not picky about the fog levels but high temperatures are not OK even for short periods. If you are not going to underexpose it there is probably not much issues though. Clip test will tell you if it's up to the specs you would expect from it. The problem is that you have no way to know how it was stored for that one month and how many x-rays it went through. Either you need to test it, or you can just trust that there will be some kind of image on it and just shoot it and  not worry about it.

Uncertain shipping conditions is one of the reasons why I like to order larger amount of stock at a time even if I only need the rest of it next year. This way I can shoot one test roll and expect that the rest rolls in the batch are in similar condition than the test roll was. Shooting one test roll out of 2 roll batch is not very ideal but shooting one roll out of 10 or 15 is pretty OK deal

10 hours ago, Dom Jaeger said:

Have you compared the cost of buying from the US plus shipping and delays to just buying from a local seller like Cameraquip?

Hey Dom, 

I actually get all my film from Camera Equip and Memory Lab in Richmond. There was a cheaper deal going for this online saving about $25 each roll and I thought why not. 

Now its been over a month I’ve completely forgotten about them and only reliazed when I got the notification that they’re coming. 

Might save them to last and use them for not an important project.