Arri S 16mm Battery Pack

Iolo Edwards

Hi,

I wonder if you could help me. I'm trying to get my Arri 16mm camera to work. I bought new batteries (at a cost of £130) for the battery pack that came with camera and recently soldered them with the wiring but I still can't get the camera to run. Any suggestions? What should be my next steps? I was thinking of maybe taking it to an electrical repairs to see if the battery pack is working and the wiring is ok (and that my soldering isn't an issue), but I'm not sure. The battery pack doesn't inspire confidence somehow.

Also, any ideas what socket goes into the 12Volt addition on my camera? Maybe getting a cable for this would be another way of powering the camera?

Any advise or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_4521 2.jpg

IMG_4522 2.jpg

• Premium Member

You could check the battery voltage yourself with just a multimeter (a simple one is not expensive) as well as whether the 12v socket has been wired to bypass the normal power socket and power the motor as well as the bloop light sync thingy on the side. 

What voltage is your battery pack? What’s the motor need? Can you remove and test just the motor with a power supply or flying leads fro your battery? Does the camera turn over manually ok?

If electrical stuff isn’t your forte maybe taking the whole kit to an electrical shop (or better yet a camera tech) would be a good idea. I would use heat shrink to cover those exposed battery terminals, or at least some heavy duty duct tape.