Colour negative diy processing

Hey there, I am developing super 8 colour negative, first film came out great, second one, not so much. There is the blue layer left on the film, if it were black and white, I would thought not enough bleach. Any advice? Could it be still saved? It was fixed already though. I even tried to put a bit back to the bleach and another one to developer, but it does nothing ? Some parts of the film are fine, some are all blue, some just have these blue spots between sprockets. Help? 

Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 17.19.57.jpeg

Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 17.20.15.jpeg

• Premium Member

I can't comment on that colour process but did you load the film correctly to the spiral?

the uneven end result may indicate that the film layers were not correctly on the spiral and touched each other during developing.

The spots between perfs could have been the emulsion side just contacting the spiral groove too much. I have found out that it is way easier to avoid this if always loading the film emulsion out on the spiral.  The outer edge of the groove is slanted to make loading easier and the inner edge is straight to avoid slipping out of the groove. If the emulsion contacts the straight edge then it leaves stains because the film does not fully develop at the contact points, but if the emulsion is on the slanted side then it should not contact anything and should develop evenly

You're right, I had trouble opening this particular cartridge and the film slipped, I loaded the messy ball to another spool and from there to the spiral, so it the sides turned inside out. Damn. Painful lesson. I so wish I could soak it in something still and save it.